The Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights of the San Francisco Bay Area (LCCR) is a civil rights and legal services organization that advances, protects and promotes the rights of communities of color, and low-income persons, immigrants, and refugees. Assisted by hundreds of pro bono attorneys, LCCR provides free legal assistance and representation to individuals on civil legal matters in the areas of racial, immigrant, and economic justice, through direct services, impact litigation, and policy advocacy. We are seeking help in one or more of the areas below:
- Racial Justice Impact/Policy: Impact litigation and policy advocacy in areas such as education, housing, public contracting, criminal justice reform, voting rights, and access to municipal services.
- Special Education Program: Legal representation for students in disputes with schools regarding special education placement and/or supports and services.
- Second Chance Reentry Legal Services Clinic: Legal assistance for individuals who are working to overcome barriers to employment and housing resulting from past contact with the criminal justice system.
- Legal Services for Entrepreneurs: Business legal services for low-income entrepreneurs whose for-profit businesses will enhance the economic infrastructure of their neighborhoods and businesses which invest directly in disadvantaged neighborhoods.
- Immigrant Justice Impact/Policy: Impact litigation and policy advocacy with the goal of safeguarding the due process and constitutional rights of immigrants and ensuring full and fair access to education, police protection, and other vital government services.
- Asylum Program: Legal representation for indigent refugees fleeing persecution and torture from around the globe.
- Immigrant Post Conviction Relief Project: Challenging deportations based on unlawful criminal convictions.
The Lawyers’ Committee is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, lesbians, gay men, transgender individuals, persons with disabilities, and people over 55 are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please complete the application form below. Applicants are encouraged to submit their materials as early as possible as decisions are made on a rolling basis.
You can also email your cover letter, resume and three references to: email@example.com